View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 07:31 PM
khergan
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Question Army FW O-3 - Need advice

Hey ladies & gentlemen -

I'd like to solicit your advice and opinions on my situation. I'm in Army FW ISR land and I'm looking to possibly make the jump into civilian land in two years. At the time that my ADSO expires, I will have about 12.5 years active time in the Army and 4 years Reserve. By my calculations, I'd only need to do 4 years in the USAR as a TPU guy to get my retirement.

My experience is:

1000 hours (currently), 800 Fixed wing multi-engine time, 300 PIC in FW multi engine. Currently have Commercial Instrument / B350 / B200 / S-70 type and Single engine ratings with the FAA. I anticipate having 1400-1500 hours and at hopefully 500 PIC hours in RC/MC-12s by the time I'm eligible to get out. I hope to get my CTP/ATP done but that's not a guarantee depending on unit climate.

Question 1: Assuming I can get 400-500 hours in the next two years, am I competitive for anything or am I going to need to go to the regionals?

Question 2: Is a regional schedule doable while also being a TPU reservist in a USAR FW C-12 unit? Any advice on this?
I'd preferably like to actually get some type of retirement after serving nearly 17 years in the Army.

Any other general information would be appreciated. At this point, I'd just like to A) get out and have a predicable life for myself and my family and B) capitalize on all the years of service I've already put in. I'll be in my mid-30s by the time I can make this decision.

Thanks!