View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 10:01 PM
danhernandez533
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Default Questions about Flight schools

Currently where I am at now, is in the preparation stages of wanting to become a commercial pilot. This is an idea I have kicked around for a few years now (even talked to some flight schools), however I went in another career direction. Unfortunately, I've grown to hate the career I have now, and can absolutely not see myself doing it for the rest of my life, let alone another year. When it comes to my background, I have a Bachelors degree and prior military experience (I still have a year left of my GI Bill). My reasoning for this post is to see if anyone could recommend what would be the most efficient direction to go in because I do have some GI Bill left, and a degree (so I assume I don't need to go through a universities program). I know anything flight related isn't cheap, however I would like to stay away from going 100K dollars in debt. Would a school like Embry Riddle allow me to complete just a flight school, without obtaining a degree? Am I forced to go to a school like ATP? Are there better alternatives? I have googled and researched some already, however that only gets you so far, and I feel like there would be more intelligent input from people with experience. I also don't know how much 1 year of GI Bill would actually cover when it came to a flight school? Anyways thanks for any info you can give me, and thanks again everyone.