Thread: Hiring Minimums
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:55 AM
Tikiflight
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Feet up with a beer

It’s very important to keep this industry in perspective as it is much bigger than you or your experiences. I too sat at the regionals for 7 years and corporate for 3 awaiting a call from the majors and it would be very easy to point the finger at my fathers generation for throwing future pilots under the bus by giving up scope. So let’s try to not to use our experiences as the hammer in the coffin of the pilots coming up behind us and try to leave this industry in better shape than we found it. It’s good to see movement finally and regionals struggling to find qualified candidates.

That being said you have the option of staying put and working on building that PIC and Total Time or moving to another regional to do that but like I tell all the younger pilots I fly with. When you’re sitting in front of the hiring board at your dream job be able to justify why you made the parallel move from one regional to another. Until then keep applying, updating, and attending job fairs. Most of the guys who make it out of the regionals quickly do so because they are motivated and show initiative, they don’t sit on internet job boards complaining.