View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 06:03 AM
DashTrash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SFO Guppy CA

Originally Posted by baseball View Post
Why don't we as pilots get a silver bullet? Let the pilot bring in and sponsor someone who we highly regard and give them 10,000 points or whatever and give them a guaranteed interview. Skip all the HR mumbo jumbo and put your name on it and march them to the front of the line?

His response...I guess someone in the foodchain gave him a few talking points....."well, we don't want someone who is a few years away from retirement sticking us with a "dud" for a candidate."

You gotta be kidding me?

That's the best you got?

We need to come up with a better hiring process, and that includes less HR, and more pilot input, to include pilot silver bullets, and pilot recommendations.
We had a good thing with the "meet and greet" program before it was modified. It was modified because of abuse by certain CPOs. I got my interview because of that program. Once my LOR was submitted by the CP, things happened very quickly. I received the welcome to the process, I had the phone interview to verify information on my app, then an email with a link for the Hogan, then I took the Hogan and heard back that I passed it within a day, and then I was able to schedule my interview. That was in October of 2013.