Old 10-10-2018, 07:21 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by trip View Post
The pilots I’ve seen really struggle where an absolute mess of nerves to the point they couldn’t even see straight. When it comes time to strap on the sim you need to put all that away, the check airman/fed are just another passenger and your going to take them to the destination safely. Build you confidence. By this point your the best sim pilot (in your mind anyway) in the company and can nail the V1 profile with one hand while stirring cream into your coffe with the other (not really). The best way to build your confidence is to know that you know the material because you’ve studied it and practiced it to satisfaction. Go in with a deep breath knowing I’ve done my part and will do the best that I can do.
Yes, weak preparation can lead to uncertainty and mental vapor lock. Approaching the checkride if there's anything you feel weak about, hit it hard, get help from the instructors. Most folks will have one or a couple items which they struggle with or don't clearly understand... squash those aggressively.