View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 07:40 AM
TheWeatherman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
I don't put sim time in any other column in the logbook, than "simulator. I don't show it as total time, multi engine time, instrument time, or anything else. My simulator totals don't show up in any other column. It's there to record the training received, and nothing more.

Logging sim time is more like padding your logbook. You can log it; it's pilot time, technically, but personally I wouldn't log sim time as anything but sim time, and leave it out of your totals.
This right here. After I got here I took all my SIM totals out of total time, even the E170 SIM which they said can be logged as such. Just too many headaches associated with trying to pass off SIM time as TT. Sure, it may be legal in some circumstances, but you need to know the regs like the back of your hand and you need to have ALL the documentation. I don't want to have to answer at some interview at a Major years down the line about some SIM entry years ago. Just not worth the headaches. And the few hours of time a SIM can add to your TT is just not worth it.

Now after saying all of that, if some SIM time can be used to get you past some entry requirement to Republic (like ME or IR time), then by all means do that. But then once you are in and past the checkride, I would take those away from your TT and just leave it as SIM time. Just not worth the headaches it may cause further down the road.