View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 07:54 AM
Jungle Jim
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018
Position: Non-standard Phraseology Curator

Exactly...sim time is absolutely not total time for ANY requirement. Sim time is sim time, and should ONLY be logged as simulator time alone. Was it night conditions in the sim? It's not night experience. Were the conditions IMC? It's not even simulated instrument experience. I know that sounds weird, but the way it's been beaten into my head from hours of reg reading and consulting those smarter than I about it. It's just simulator time, and nothing else. Should just be logged with the sim serial number, type like E170 SIM, under simulator time column only, and nothing else. All other categories of time (read: experience) are in actual airplanes only. Again, you're substituting actual experience for this time under a very specific regulation. This will make your logs much less ambiguous, and it's the proper way to account for this type of time. See attached for a pretty good guideline on how to log it properly. SIMD1036 is sim, level D, and 1036 is the serial number. Easy to reference.
Attached Images