View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 09:12 AM
JediCheese
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by TURF17 View Post
Overall how well is the ground operations in bases/outstations? Aircraft MX?

How big is the company on fuel conservation?

How is the training program? How well are your manuals written?
Ground operations are the same across all UAX carriers. We all use the same ground operation as Expressjet/AirWisky/Mesa/Republic in bases and out stations. Some good, some are bad. Only thing special we use is the C130 gates in EWR which run less well than the A gates, but better than most outstations. Company says the C130 gates have better performance than the A gates so your guess is as good as mine how it all works out.

MX has no idea what they are doing when it's something not straightforward as pull and replace or pouring in more oil/hydraulic fluid. But the 145 is a simple plane and that's all that's really needed. Sometimes when it's a fault that they need to track down and it's not a simple fix, they have issues running it down.

The company is getting bigger on fuel conservation. It's not so much the company as United who is footing the fuel bill.

The training program is special. The good part is they're fixing it but there's a lot to fix. Two steps forward, one step back. Biggest complaint with training are the quality of the offline instructors (I have avoided them and it's worked out well for me).

The manuals are a mess because the non-flying people are still writing the books. Lots to fix and two steps forward and one step back which is the same as the training department.