View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 03:42 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Get a new attorney, with aviation experience, and talk to him BEFORE you do ANYTHING with the FAA or AME.

18(v) You have to report DL suspensions. You don't get to try to read the intent or spirit of the question, you only get to comply. I think whatever infraction put you over the top on points has to be reported.

18(w) you have to report non-traffic convictions. If you beat the pot rap, then you can check no on this.

The good news is that this is pretty minor, so I think you have a good chance of getting away with no penalties if you correct the record before the FAA finds out. I'm pretty sure they do check NDR and FBI database when you renew your medical, that's the risk, they see a suspension that you didn't report.

Again, get a better attorney IMO. Or at least a second opinion, there may even be case law that says a points suspension doesn't count.

Also... if you want a good major airline job, keep your nose 100% clean from here on out, not even a speeding ticket until you get your major airline job. They can forgive youthful indiscretion, but DO NOT give them a recent data point that hints nothing has changed since then.