Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 08:03 PM
WHACKMASTER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: DOWNGRADE COMPLETE: Thanks Gary. Thanks SWAPA.

Originally Posted by flensr View Post
All I wore my first year and a half on the line, including 2 winters, was a leather jacket. Cuts the wind just fine and when combined with a watchcap and gloves I had no problems doing walk-arounds even with night winter turns in Chicago. Yea it got cold waiting for the dang hotel shuttle wearing just the leather jacket but perrone has the option to get the zip-in liner which makes the jacket a bunch warmer.

Plus the leather jacket looks cool. Haters are gonna hate but those guys probably like their airline hats too. Last time I wore a hat like that I was in a squadron busy killing bad people so my association with a uniform hat is more along the lines of killing people, not friendly customer service. There's just something cool and friendly about a pilot in a leather jacket, that is instantly recognizable. If you really insist that your pilot wear a double-breasted coat and wheel cap, some airlines charge about double the ticket price for that level of service. I'd rather look cool and be comfortable, smile all the way to the bank
“Cool” is a matter of perspective I suppose. You can keep looking cool in the silly leather jacket. I’ll keep looking classy and professional in my blazer.