View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 10:22 PM
martinlodijo
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Position: Embry Riddle Student

Originally Posted by Skyjumper View Post
Like it was mentioned earlier, if you're affiliated with the military (dependent, etc), there's options for you. I don't know what branch or what base/post you are stationed, what I do know is that Yokota AB and Kadena AB have aero clubs. You don't necessarily have to wait until you come back stateside, you can start taking lessons and knock out some classes. I would suggest that you look into what type of support facilities are available at your place. You never know...
We're affiliated with the Navy in CFAY Base. Prior to enrolling into ERAU I did seek out my options here. Kadena AB is over a thousand miles away from here so not an option and as Yokota Flight Training is tailored more for military personnel not dependants nor civilian contractors.

I can go there for my Part 61 Privates License only Part 141 is strictly reserved for vets and active duty only. I'm still considering maybe going for my Part 61 Privates but I don't know if I should hold off and instead focus on going towards Part 141 since I plan on going for my Instrumental, Multi-engine IFR then Commercials