View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 06:49 AM
MikeC5
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by TURF17 View Post
It is not just at the regional level but also seeing it at the LCCs. Filling classes is the name of the game and their are many classes to be filled by people moving up, sideways, and backwards. Mangmnt won't make a move unless amount of flights cancelled hits that sweet spot to many times.

I'm shocked that you guys have no protection on extentions or getting back a day off you are owed. I'd say the union needs to put a stop to the extensions on a day off stuff. No wording can go in both directions. You have a schedule and that is the agreement. Pilots can start interpreting the contract as they see fit, so as the company does. If extensions are being done to you into a day off, I'd say that is a JR assignment and needs to follow JR guidelines.
Good luck with that if you come here.
When it hits the fan in IROPs etc, EVERY pilot is a reserve pilot. If your flights cancel, you will NOT be released. You will sit "conditional reserve" at the airport for 5, 6, 7, 8 hours. No day room. Just sit there for seven straight hours. The union can't/won't do anything.