View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 12:17 AM
Guard
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by Starchkr View Post
Back on topic for Gaurd:

Just my personal opinion here.

If you’re looking for a fun place to get great experience in super midsize jets, get some great experience and upgrade relatively quick while making decent money and an overall decent QOL, and fly with great folks, I would recommend XO. I did it for a while and I enjoyed it.

If you’re looking for a possible career destination and are willing to put in a decade-ish as an FO and don’t care if you fly a light jet I think NJ is the better choice. More schedule options, a stronger long term business plan IMO, a better long term pay scale, better benefits, and decent work rules among other things make NJ a possible career.

I’d have to agree with the gentleman who recommended going to a regional if your end game is the majors. If I was younger that would be my number one choice. The fractionals/charter world simply can’t compete with the majors. That said, the majors aren’t for everyone.

Thanks for the feedback, my endgame is NOT to go to a major, I left a regional as I am sick of driving 3 hours each way in DC Traffic each way 5 times a month, home base and decent flying is what I want, plus seems like decent money to work 6 months a year. I'll pick up extra flying as wanted but after 27 year AF career I'm not looking to go anywhere else!