Old 10-20-2018, 02:20 AM
CaptDave
Pronounced Kep-Ten

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: Left

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer View Post
You do understand, you don’t choose an employer, they choose you, don’t you? That isn’t in jest. If you don’t want the job, don’t apply.

Sounds like you have decent flying record (no busts, violations or accidents) but, from a retired chief pilot’s view, a horrible work record. I’ve viewed hundreds of resumes, your’s would stand out for a lack of persistence and effort to make the career work. The furloughs are explainable, working somewhere for a few months and gaining nothing but a type without meaningful experience isn’t.

You need to show a record of success, even if it means suffering a little. That said, I took a “flyer” on a pilot without more than 18 months at one of seven jobs including a Fortune 25 bank. It worked out for both of us, I got a pilot for 7 years and a friend. He did create some needless commotion at times and I saw why he never lasted long, but he stuck it out and became a steady employee.

GF
That’s pretty cool that it worked out in the end. Sometimes all it takes is a few small victory’s to make it successfully. It’s also good to see that there are people out there willing to take the chance, too.

My saving employment grace since getting in to aviation is running my own business for 8.5yrs.

Also, I completely understand that the employer chooses the employee. I’m just hoping that one of the employers that I’m more interested in is willing to take that chance on me. I’m tired of failing at my dreams. Not only am I letting myself down but also my wife and kids. Trying some due diligence on the companies this time around. Rather than a mass exodus of resumes and apps, I’m trying to focus on one at a time.

Sometimes the timing in life is off just a bit and you get stuck at all the red lights while everyone else gets the greens.

I’m far from perfect but I am persistent. I’ll keep reaching for my goals.

Last edited by CaptDave; 10-20-2018 at 02:42 AM.