Thread: Next steps...
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 07:52 AM
DimpledBalls
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

I think that everyone needs to question if the MEC and NC are really listening to this pilot group. It is my opinion, the MEC and NC have gone rogue. If you have attend any union function it becomes obvious. Their answers to questions are canned. They take very little input from the pilots at these events, and why is that? It is because those in the MEC and NC have actually convinced themselves that they are smarter than every other pilot at F9. Have you ever tried to have a conversation with our negotiators? They come across as arrogant, dismissive and smug.

This is so prevalent that our best hope is that this MEC/NC gives us a TA and it gets voted down. It will trigger a complete changing of the MEC and NC positions. I hear story after story of how the Union representation is failing our pilots in Section 13 hearings. The union is in most cases advising the pilot to admit guilt and take their punishment. I know this as fact in a recent case involving a social media post.

Bottom line, are you content with the pace of negotiations? F9 is the only carrier operating under a bankruptcy era contract. The NMB has a very low case load. When, when will our pilots say enough is enough? Does a TRO really hurt us at this point in the game? I have witnessed first hand the apathy exhibited by this pilot group. Guys that talk a mean game but continue to work outside of their contractual obligations because, “it’s last leg home” or “I’ll write it up in Denver”, etc. Pathetic.

If you expect anything positive to come out of this mediation session, you are naive or have not been watching. Calling on every pilot to bury their reps in phone calls, emails and demand answers. They all should be well rested after their week long party in Washington DC (on your dollars). Email ALPA and tell them enough is enough and get our legislative committee to pressure our political allies and get the NMB to act. Kyle F. and our apathy is our problem. She is and should be the target of the campaign.