View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 07:57 AM
86BravoPapa
Don't Get Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Part 121

Originally Posted by Starchkr View Post
That’s a tough question to answer. Lots of pilots go to majors knowing they are likely to never make FO in a widebody let alone make captain. You’d have to know what seniority number you’d have to reach to be awarded widebody captain in the domiciles that even have that position as an option. Then it’s all projecting based on current data but it would be even less accurate than predicting the path of a hurricane a week out. There are just too many factors to predict with any certainty. The economy could take a turn for the worse or the airline could acquire another. Who knows?

My personal goal would be being able to have a reasonable amount of control over my schedule, not necessarily bringing home the biggest paycheck. IMO if you’re bringing home 200+ you should be able to have just about everything a normal citizen should ever need and then some. Who cares if you’re not bringing home widebody captain pay, you’d have it really d$mn good already. But I suppose I’m just motivated differently than some.
Thanks for the insight. Pay isn't my biggest factor, still struggling between 135 vs 121 path so any info helps a lot. The earnings and eventual QOL at the airlines is appealing but the variety of flying, locations, and to an extent, spontaneity of 135 is also appealing.