Thread: Exclusive Jets
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 01:59 PM
idontworkhere
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Position: C525 captain

Originally Posted by citationskipper View Post
Not sure what your referring to about understanding or adhering to regs and overriding your authority. I've been here a while now and not once (repeat) not once have I had kickback if I felt it wasn't safe or any question of legality arose. Pilot management has always had my back and the DO and CP are great guys. If it's safe and legal then you really don't have a good argument. It's 135 charter not a 121 airline and non-union. They don't have licensed dispatchers like some larger operators, but everyone treats each other with respect. Every pilot regardless of the operator should understand his/her limitations, regulations and company policy/procedures. There are a lot of good people here for sure and unfortunately a hand full of ***. No-one is forcing anyone to work so if your not happy for whatever reason I'm sure someone else is hiring.
I've worked here for a long while.... We do NOT have an ASAP program. I doubt we ever will. The DO is fantastic, but the CP, and CEO are egomaniacs, who think that if the idea isn't theirs, it isn't good. The dispatchers are improving, with about 1/2 being licenced now, but the leaders of flight control are still strictly revenue driven. They routinely push to fly aircraft in marginally airworthy condition, and most MELs are signed off could not duplicate. They are getting rid of a type of aircraft, and then are going to require a new 1 year training agreement for a C500 type. When I started her many moons ago, it was a much better place to call home. Now in the last year to year and a half, it's gone down incredibly. I've been pressured on multiple occasions to operate an aircraft with non MEL able equipment broken, because "we need this revenue".