View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 03:56 PM
web500sjc
Lineholder

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: Death by Powerpoint

Originally Posted by FollowCompanyRJ View Post
Well I apologize for misinterpreting what you said.

Maybe one of the contract gurus can correct me, but I am 99% sure our contract allows that because crew scheduling often tells me to contact OE scheduling to get them to buy off an FO so I can take their flying for the purpose of consolidation. I don’t see why it would be any different than buying off an FO to complete OE
There isn’t anything in the contract that affirmatively states the company can buy off a pilot to allow another pilot to consolidate. The contract only states one method in which the company can “help” a pilot consolidate; by forcing open-time flying on to non-consolidated pilots if they are more than 90 days into the consolidation window before assigning to reserves. If another pilot requests that trip prior to it being assigned to the consolidation pilot, the non consolidation pilot has dibs.

As I said the contract doesn’t explicitly prohibit a buy off for consolidation, but niether does it explicitly allow a buy off- and it seams that any buy off would have to go through opentime first.