View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 04:38 AM
AFTrainerGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
Additional question for those that have gone MIL rotor to airlines... I am submitting application and prepping for interviews very soon. With that said, I'm in the process (still) of converting all military time to a proper electronic logbook and can't help but think that I am wasting a good bit of time. The electronic logbook I was using before was an iphone app and looks like pure arse when exporting to xcel. Thus, I started to re-log it all in myflightbook.com. If I plan to make a bounded logbook for the interviews should I just place the DA759, to prove my MIL time, in the front and throw all my fixed wing time behind, then make a total time breakdown? Or is it worth the extra time to re-log all the MIL time to have several pages all organized together?
Just my 2 cents from when I did it. I spent dozens of hours taking my flight records and inputting them line by line into a electronic fight book. It was a waste of time IMHO... my experience....

I struggled to figure out how to get accurate numbers into apps. One thing I struggled with was trying to figure out my PIC time in a previous heavy airframe. Old guy in the squadron said just use 80% of time from making AC on. I calculated like 500 hours with his method. Took me maybe 2 minutes. Then, after spending countless hours inputting every sortie, dotting every I and crossing every T, it came to about 490 hours. When I got to multiple interviews, I had my electronic logbook all bound and beautiful and ready to go. No one ever even looked at it. Just took my Harm printout and that was it. No questions, that was it.

I guess I was prepared, but now I tell everyone, just take a wag at the numbers and have a method you can explain. I really felt like I wasted a lot of time better spent on other things.

Again, my 2 cents only