View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 06:48 AM
155mm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I disagree. Only time that's needed to meet FAR requirements for ratings, certs, privileges, or currency needs to be logged. Many older airline pilots don't log anything at all (currency records are maintained by the company). Many older non-airline pilots only log what they need for currency. As long as you don't try to pass it off as something it's not, the FAA doesn't care.

Only the part that's applicable to FAA requirements is a legal document, and I think they can only hold it against you if YOU try to represent the logged time for FAA requirements. Ie, I don't think they could subpoena your logbook and violate because something was logged improperly unless you used that logged time to fool the FAA.

Ie, they can't grab your logbook and violate you because it shows you weren't instrument current. What if you kept another logbook?

Employers might care however, often depends on the person doing the logbook review (who might have a particular opinion).
I guess you can make an argument that for non FAA required entries, your logbook falls under freedom of speech. Although, a "sloppy logbook" with odd ball entries is in my opinion not a good idea! As for me, I'll hang my hat on what the FAR's say. This is especially important for pilot's in the stage of their careers when their logbooks will face certain scrutiny ie: Interviews, additional ratings, etc.