Thread: Green Slip Pay
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 08:47 AM
Milk Man
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Assuming its a line holder GS, it still technically only pays the hours of the trip. Its the rate that's doubled...maybe. There's also the issue of the trigger. Not everyone is above it for the entire GS. You could be below for the entire amount, or split so some is above and some is below. Then that can change either way based off of bank decisions as well as what else happens that month. I don't think anyone is interested in trying to craft an IT system that tracks that real time just to come up with a fractional amount to double to correlate with pay.

Like someone else said, there are other places to check and make sure you're paid correctly. I would like to see DALPA come up with a 100% double check system for every GS and RR automatically. I think the company (inadvertently) makes millions off of "deny deny deny" when even a small percentage of pilots don't notice a mistake especially with short notice, uncommon events coupled with Byzantine rabbit hole contract language.
Thanks, Gloopy. Yeah I was above the trigger, but once I did all the math it came out correctly. Just makes me wonder if this is something I need to keep extra vigilance on.