Thread: Upcoming mediation

fcoolaiddrinker , 10-22-2018 01:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off
fcoolaiddrinker
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2012
Quote: I think that Ole’ BB is on the chopping block if he walks out of this thing without a deal. With the average cancelation costing F9 nearly 50k, we have their attention. We are launching into winter/holiday season severely understaffed with pilot motivation at an all time low.....
Look at the facts...he is ranting about “wheel barrels of money, he called a meeting with our union, he most likely (unconfirmed) called this meeting with the NMB....something/someone has gotten him motivated. Perhaps I am wrong, but this is just my opinion.
Unfortunately were not understaffed. YET. They fixed part of that problem with the additional spares, decreased block hours, and slow season right after the holidays. Not to mention cancelled vac. Just a few numbers from sept. Res averaged 40 block and sick at a 5 year low. In my estimation where 4-6 months (assuming half classes) from staffing being a real problem. This is why they won't make a offer that can be taken back to the MEC. I really hope I'm wrong on that but I just don't see it. IMO This is all a last ditch effort (while they still have leverage due to NMB) to get us to accept a substandard deal (which won't happen) or gain leverage by dividing the group.