View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 09:01 AM
marshal
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by MrAV8OR View Post
Revised questions for CommuteAir:
1. How many 1 night (2 days) and 2 night (3 days) trips are offered out of the Dulles base?

In Nov there were 11 one day trips, 7 two days, 34 three day, 56 four days, 28 five days trips. It changes every month so this is just a snap shot

2. Is it possible to teach some of the ground school classes at CommutAir and also fly? This way I would be home those evenings. As an example, fly two 3 day/2night trips and teach eight-ten days a month - that's the full time frame but I'm only gone 6 nights. It's okay to be gone most weekends.

We do have ground instructors in IAD, but with the compay going with off line instructors in the sim, who knows what the future holds here too.

3. It is possible to hold two separate one night trips in a row so you fly four days but are only gone 2 nights? Meaning you leave day 1 overnight somewhere, come back to IAD day 2, go home, go back the next day 3 to IAD and fly, overnight somewhere and come back day 4? That way on a 3 night 4 day drip, you are home on day 2 and only spend nights 1 and 3 away. If they are not bid this way, can you swap with other pilots to be this way (obviously not guaranteed)?

possable, but not likely just because of the available options.

4. What is the minimum amount of hours to fly and keep your contact? I know 75 is the minimum paid guarantee if you try to schedule and fly, but what is the minimum you can schedule for and keep your contract as a pilot with CommutAir?

I know you can drop trips below guarantee, but don’t know what the min is. If you drop below gaurantee, you decrease your pay. The hard part is finding someone willing and able to take your trips.

Thanks!
See above.

We also have a few split duty trips available. Low on flight time, but lots of time at home. They work by flying the last flight out from IAD usually around 10, sleeping for 3-4 hours and then flying the first flight back in the morning. They can be hard on the body, but you are gone when everyone else is asleep and home when they are awake. Usually they go Jr.

Typically the trips are set up so we do mornings or evening flights. If you are have the mornings, your last day should finish early to mid afternoon. If you have the evening, your first day usually does not start until the afternoon.

Last month my awarded schedule was 10 nights away (not days worked), this month it is 15. It constantly changes