View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 02:21 AM
Typhoonpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: tri current

Originally Posted by nwapilot
I am thinking about coming to EK as a First Officer, but some of these threads are steering me the wrong way. Is EK really that bad? Is the fatique really a problem? What is Dubai really like? I would appreciate any answers that you may have...
If you can take the time, come to Dubai for a week on vacation. Stay in a hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road. Rent a car and drive around to different places during the morning and afternoon. Check out the schools if you have kids. Spend some time talking to current EK pilots, not just the one on these message boards. That won't help answer your fatigue question but it will go a long way to answering your question on what Dubai is really like.

Different people have different likes and dislikes. You may like Dubai or you may not. It really is a personal choice that can't be answered by somebody else.

Same goes for EK. EK may well be better than your current position or it may not. It depends on the things that are important to you. You see a lot of the negative on these boards and some of the positive, but your happiness depends on you, not on what other people think. Obvioulsy I'm on record as liking Dubai and liking Emirates, but others are not.

TP