Gets Weekends Off
cornbeef007
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2010
  • Position
    Representing the REAL Delta
Quote: It is an increase from the status quo as widebody AC are entering the fleet faster than they are being retired. Are Zwe forbidden from acknowledging positive news? Before you try to spin the loss of MCO-GRU, that airplane will be utilized in transatlantic service, per the announcement.
There is no spin....what about GUM, SPN, BNK, MNL, HNK and the other pacific destinations. You act like just because those destinations are already gone, these new routes are an expansion. They aren’t...and the 767s aren’t spring chickens either. It’s only a matter of time before they start disappearing, with no replacement in sight. Hopefully we get 50 797s to replace them.

Delta has never been a world wide name. It’s just not what they do, which isn’t a bad thing. They are turning into an international ticket broker, with a few boutique destinations so they can say they service Australia, Asia and Africa. United wasn’t a huge international carrier before the 1980s but now they eclipse us in Asia.

Like I said, not a big deal but premium widebody jobs here will be few and far between compared to United and American. The business plan is similar to the way Alaska operates...how many times have they been in bankruptcy? We will be better positioned as far as risk is concerned, when compared to the United and American. It’ll just be at the expense of wide body jobs.

Like I said, I’m happy we are adding replacement flights so the aircraft don’t end up in the desert yet. But big picture, they are nothing to really get excited about.