View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 02:48 AM
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by Comforteagle76 View Post
Just don’t tell them how much you get paid cuz you’ll notice an even quicker round of laughter..... ACMIs suck ass, they pay ****, they treat their people like ****, and are literally detrimental to your health.. no disrespect to guys that work there. If your young, go to the regionals and get hired by a major. Don’t sell yourself short. Don’t think that you don’t deserve it. You DO deserve it!! Screw what some dude letting you ride in his jumpseat thinks of you. Seriously
Can international flying be detrimental to your health? Yes absolutely, if you do not watch yourself. Passenger international flying was way more tiring than ACMI.

With pax it was, commute to work, fly 3 or 4 days in different time zones with very interrupted sleep on aircraft, commute home then repeat in a few days. THAT was hard on my health.

ACMI flying is different. THEY fly you from home. You stay out for in our (K4) case, 16 days. You eat and sleep uninterrupted on nice aircraft. Stay internationally in nice hotels. And work with great people. When done you go home for the remainder of the month.

Pay? We will have quite a few Pilot gross over 500k this year

Treatment? Our Union, and Chief Pilots office work very well together.

Upgrades? Just went to 1 year on certain equipment.

I loved pax flying when I did it. However I am still kicking myself for not coming to ACMI sooner