Old 10-28-2018, 05:28 AM
David Puddy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

I have a few remaining friends at Netjets and most are exhausted during and after their tours - max flying and minimum rest. True that the quality of the equipment at Netjets has improved, but who cares what you fly (hopefully not the even tighter version of the Netjets Phenom with its cropped space up front) if you are on your 5th leg of the day? Pilots fatigue out every day. Regarding XOJet, starting pay seems a bit low but it sounds like you can earn more money through FBO points, etc. XOJet crews seem to be pretty positive when I have talked to them on the road.

Certainly apply to all of your choices if you are hell-bent on the fractionals/135. All of your choices are bleeding Pilots to the airlines. Two Netjets friends recently left for SWA.

That said, if I were you I would apply to a Legacy flow-through regional (Envoy, Endeavor and Commutair have big NYC footprints). LCCs like SWA, Spirit and JB are all hiring and offer good career options too. Friend of mine recently left a part 91 job to fly the E175 at Republic and he loves it. Money is decent (all regionals are paying more to fill open seats) and his QOL has improved.

Good luck!

Last edited by David Puddy; 10-28-2018 at 06:07 AM.