Thread: Class Dates?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 11:36 AM
JBirdE175
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by Jworth22 View Post
Hello, a little off topic but I did not want to start a new thread over this. From this thread it seems like new hires choose aircraft and base after the interview. I was thinking you don’t chose until Indoc? Am I confused or is that right? Another question: I know at Republic, once you can hold a base, you don’t get it until 4 months after your award. Does Skywest work the same way? I would love to get COS or DEN right out of training but idk if that’s possible or not.
You will "choose" your aircraft prior to starting. During your first few weeks you will have the ability to put in your base request. You should get the award sometime during ground school/sim. Now there award is based on seniority. Most likely you'll be sent to a junior base - of which neither COS or DEN are on either airframe.

CRJ: COS (2 months) DEN (4 months)
ERJ: DEN (7 months)

Looks like you may have a chance to get COS on the CRJ before you finish training, but the initial award will most likely be for DTW (CRJ) or LGA (ERJ). You have the ability to try to change bases every single month though, whereas other regionals only give you that option every 3 or 4 months. I'd bet you only end up commuting for a month or 2 at most if you take the CRJ.