Old 10-30-2018, 11:03 AM
OhSnapAF
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by DenVa View Post
Ah, another pilot uses the word "union" when they should use "pilots."
I get what you are saying, and I agree 100% that pilots are responsible for the contract they have. However, I watched it at NetJets first hand. The union asked the questions on what they should go after. For the most part, the negotiating committee went after the hard points THEY all thought were the big ticket items. Essentially, they went strictly after pay (which fell short btw) and ignored lots of other little things on paper, but would have been big in QOL. The surveys were worded specifically to address only key issues they had decided on, and not really listening to the pilot group.

That being said, 3 out of 4 pilots tucked it between their legs and voted yes. It is amazing too, in the crew lounges across America, I could never find anyone that voted yes to actually have a discussion with them to try and figure out why (everyone has their reasons for voting yes or no) and yet 75% of the voting populous, voted yes.

My issue is that when the union sends a survey out asking if the color they see is either A: black or B: white, there is no spot to click grey or any other color, so you gotta pick one of their answers.