View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 08:07 AM
UnusualAttitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by MelT View Post
Its a model based on words and numbers on a piece of paper and the notion of only positive stock market returns in perpetuity created by people trying to sell us some snake oil while getting their cut out of our pie. Its fantasy but Kronan and the rest of the drones in the union have taken it as the holy grail. Meanwhile, giving up completely on simply improving the best retirement plan in the industry with a few simple and proven ideas, ideas which would keep the market risk of the A fund where it belongs, with the company and not the pilots.

Index the benefit, raise the cap, increase the number of years of service, raise the multiplier. Also increase the B fund and add cash over the cap and call it a day. So simple even a caveman could do it.

And I don't give a rat's ass what it costs the company to do any of these. We gave them the 2015 contract on the cheap and they need to start to pay up if they expect people to continue to come here and fly their life away one night at a time.

Shame on the union leadership for selling us out by forwarding the 2015 contract for a vote and for chasing this unicorn of a retirement plan down this rabbit hole for so long.

And shame on Kronan and his ilk for defending a money grab by the over 25 group at the expense of the rest of us.

Age 65, VEBA for a few, lie flats, known reserve days, international hotel in lieu of, real time trip trading to preserve OTP so the wolf pack can run wild, yeah the union is really doing a bang up job of negotiating iron clad improvements so we should definitely let them negotiate away our defined A plan.

What could possibly go wrong? Folks better think about this pretty hard if this POS ever comes to a vote.
Forgot to mention in my previous post, the MEC Chairman blamed many of the current events that feel like losses not on the contract but on the company hiring a consulting firm to find efficiencies in the contract that were always there but the company wasn’t previously exploiting. I thought the MEC Chair was being genuine though I disagree on some levels. Many of the items being exploited are completely exploitable due to language in CBA 2015 that didn’t exist before.

-UA