Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 01:26 PM
Selfmade92
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: CRJ

Quick Review for everyone considering AMF:

I'm a F/O on the 1900. The flying is pretty standard once you upgrade to CP. There's some medical/radio active runs that look really interesting and do about 7h a day. (about 5pm to 5am).
Most of the regular flying is starting at 5 am, fly to outstation arrive at around 7 am. Offload Cargo, done by UPS, I ain't touching that crap ( ), go to hotel, come back in 6h and fly back.

I like that schedule, as it gives you enough time to work on your online degree, work out in the gym, play a lot of PS4/XB1/PC and build time to go to your next step in your career, if it be the regionals, low cost carrier or Major. Most of the guys still go to the regionals, I wouldn't, but then I got some good amount of recommendations for JetBlue, and won't settle for anything less.

Moneywise:

ITS great! I make about $50k/yr as an F/O. 99 Captains probably will make up to 70k/yr, and 1900 Capts will make close to 100k 1st year.

Those include realistic numbers, as most runs pay extra, not just the standard 40 units per week.

Overall: Ameriflight is a GREAT company! I can only recommend it. Had great fun, the training captains take care of you, make sure you know what you're doing! And there's a reason AMF has that stigma around it of being the best training department in the industry!