Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 02:25 PM
Selfmade92
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: CRJ

Yes, AMF will pay for your ATP once you move on to a Type rated equipment. So if you get to your recurrent 6 months later, they'll pay for your ATP-CTP and give you an ATP upon finishing your recurrent.

Most BE1900s have GTN750s and 650s, good autopilots. But the plane is so easy to fly, even without autpilot, I mostly fly it without autopilot as long as the flight is shorter than 1h.

Right now there shouldn't be a delay at all for 1900 people, the BE99 though is having a fairly significant delay as there are not enough trainers available.

As a new hire it will depend what days you'll have off, mostly on base. At the 2 bases I've been so far, everyone had Saturday and Sunday off, at Dallas most people also get one more day off during the week, sometimes 2, so you often only fly 3 days and are off 4. And still get paid 46 units a week.

Training itself is considered to be the toughest in the industry, they expect you to be fairly current, but they instated a MEICC course now,
which is a one week course of getting you back to speed on IFR procedures! It truly helped some people who had been rusty on IFR and I'm glad the company does that! Helps the succession rate!

EDIT: I did 95h in October on the BE1900! Most BE1900 runs probably average around 70h.

Last edited by Selfmade92; 11-01-2018 at 02:44 PM.