View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 05:15 PM
JulesWinfield
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Baradium View Post
No, TOWP lines while hiring continues is NOT even remotely a sign of a furlough. It is a sign of the company trying to get really fat for something coming up. If they were prepping for a furlough they'd stop new hire classes first and THEN offer TOWP lines and THEN volunteer long term LOAs and THEN it'd be a sign that furlough could come (and even then it's not a guarantee).

You talk like you have been around so long, and then "just getting started" as well. You are a probationary pilot publicly trying to discourage prospective employees, if you continue this trend this will be the least of your worries. You've probably narrowed down who you are to quite a small sliver of the pilot group by now (less than a year, mid pack on reserve in NYC, bidding first out etc).

I am trying to say this in the nicest way. You are not nearly as anonymous on this forum as you think, pilots have been confronted with posts from social media and this forum in job interviews. You do NOT want to go to a mainline interview and have them ask what they should expect when you were advocating against a prior employer like this, especially while you were on probation. In this case you not only were doing that, but you actually started a thread actually TITLED that. The company monitors these forums and the only thing worse than my scenario above for you would be is if they identify you and decide having you on property is more trouble than it's worth.

I honestly expect you are probably a good pilot to fly with and possibly even able to be happy enough on a trip to make for an enjoyable trip. Please do not torpedo your career because you don't like a company that is staffing reserves like a mainline carrier does.
Continued hiring could just be more lip service. You can't really trust anything they say at this point.