View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 09:06 PM
chinookwinds
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2011

That could be any number of things but don’t be surprised when vacation days are assigned a value (hopefully at least 5 hours each) and then put on your schedule prior to the line build. That’s why the company wants PBS in the first place.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know how long the more vocal 8-10 guys that post on a regular basis on this forum have been at F9, but just an assumption and I could be wrong, but I would guess that most of you have been here 5 years or less. Don’t take this the wrong way, but let me be very clear for those that have been here only a few years or less.
I am mid level seniority in my base. When I vacation bid under our current bid system I will touch at a minimum of 40 hours of credit and at times as much as 50 hours. 40/7=5.7 HRS per VAC day, 50/7=7.1 HRS per VAC day. If our current vacation slide rules are not in place with PBS (post bid award) 5 hours per day is a concession. More importantly, this is a huge QOL issue as far as I am concerned. Probably one of the few areas that has helped me get through the roller coaster of 11+ years under a concessionary contract, a 1 1/2 year furlough and an assault on our seniority rights by Republic Airlines pilots under the Teamsters union. More of an assault by the Teamsters Union then by most of the pilots there by the way. I average 14-16 days off with a 7 day vacation and at times up to 20 days off.
I chose to come to Frontier Airlines because of this incredible pilot group and paid the price of low first year pay just like most everyone else that has come here.
Although I chose to stay here for better times ahead, I am as golden handcuffed as Bolo. With just 7 1/2 years left to my airline career, it just doesn't make financial sense to get out now. If just 5 years younger, rest assured I would have made an attempt to move along over the last 2 years of disrespect from this management group.
DO NOT sell yourselves short for a below average contract if that is what we get handed to us.
Rant over...