View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 09:51 PM
cloudwarrior
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: Fighting the Good fight

Originally Posted by chinookwinds View Post
Actually, that is not at all what the communication said. It says that Alpa will have “added participation in paring development”
“the scheduling committee will construct and control line solutions”
This is why it is so important at this time to NOT make assumptions to what has been agreed to.
Although I commend our NC for there hard work over the past 2 1/2 years, I strongly feel they DID NOT hear this pilot groups statement of NO PBS!! I can’t count how many times I heard from our NC, that they told the company that PBS was not open for discussion as they felt this pilot group would not ratify a TA with PBS language in it. And here we are???
With all that said, until the final draft is released to F9 pilots, I will not make a statement of a yes or no vote until I see the entire package.
I will say though, It damn sure better have some substantial improvements in many other areas. It better be very close to our increased pay rates, if not at least Jet Blue rates, min day, a 12 year longevity scale, minimum of 15% DC DOS, with increase to 16% within the first couple years, better LTD then what was earlier agreed to, industry leading scope language as well as VERY strong language that is clear and defining how a PBS system will work and be implemented. If most of these areas are not addressed, I will consider this an additional concession on top of what I have endured over the last 11+ years at Frontier Airlines and I would be a definite HELL NO vote. I am not optimistic as to what we will see in this agreement.
WTF!!!
Just noticed... did I say industry leading? Forgot, we were only looking for industry standard. We haven’t agreed to anything that resembles industry leading. Jet Blue, at least acquired a few industry leading agreements with their very first contract.
+1

As to my knowledge PBS was COMPLETELY OFF the table as of 2 1/2 weeks ago. Something changed.
Not saying I’m a no for PBS, but it must have a monetary value, since it will cost us money -ie its a concession.
An average week of vacation (touching trips dropped for pay) can range from 0 to 50/60+ hours depending on your bid. A daily value Limits your income for each vacation period. Mind you that’s for EACH Week of vacation.
We obviously must look at the whole package; but a PBS Concession Must have a dollar value that is above and beyond the pay scale. Since in itself, is a concession.
Awaiting further info.....