Thread: Training delay
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Casualinterest
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by DiamondDriver View Post
That stinks! It seemed like such a good idea with the ability to move pilots around and promised more flexibility. I wonder what is causing it. Hopefully just growing pains. The idea of it seemed really promising
It seems really promising for the company. All the instructors I've talked to, along with ANYBODY in upgrade training will tell you it's 100% a company benefit and in no way is beneficial for the pilots.

You only know your schedule 18 hours in advance for the next day, along with your partner and instructor. If you're in the later blocks like 1700 or 2100 you stand a significantly lower chance of being scheduled at all the following day because the only blocks you could be scheduled in are the 1700 and 2100 slots and if those are booked for recurrent (which isn't dynamic), instructor training, or sim mx, you are out of luck. You can't go home that next day when though you're off.

Not to mention the rampant contact violations that are still occurring daily. Yes there are literally dozens of grievances out, but the 'fly it grieve it' sucks when it means you don't see your family, don't progress in training, don't maintain training continuity, and don't know what to expect.

I'm not saying it won't get better, I'm just saying that dynamic scheduling is not for pilots. It's for the company.