Old 11-03-2018, 10:23 AM
jtf560
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

I can't imagine that your current job will work you nearly as hard as any of the places you are considering. I'd have never chosen NetJets back in the day if I knew what I know now. You might not fly all that many hours at fractional, but it is the whipping you take from long duty days, short overnights, and the body clock beatdowns from starting early and late and then early again, etc.

That said, as much as most complain and slag on NetJets, it can be a good job if you can stay away from the negativity that surrounds you. No fault fatigue language and refusing to fly broken airplanes can make it much better, but most just complain and press on (fools). It is also much better in the Global or Gulfstream as far as quality of life go- almost nobody tries to leave from these fleats so those who slag on the company have no first hand experience how good it can be for those who are senior enough to get it. My personal situation makes it the best choice for me to stay, but I'd imagine that the majority would be better served at the airlines of they can get hired. I know at least 2 NJA SICs who were hired at Alaska Airlines without college degrees. Good luck whatever you decide.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk