View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Jungle Jim
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018
Position: Non-standard Phraseology Curator

Originally Posted by KelvinHelmholtz View Post
Doesn’t Republic have months of training delays? Why would anyone want to go be on the back of a hiring wave while sitting reserve in some outstation. Republics “growth” doesn’t clearly exist either considering scope limits that majors have.
Well let's see...what would you rather do? Go to Republic where they bring you in, tell the truth about the training delay, start accruing seniority, get sent home allowed to do outside flying while getting paid your min guarantee, then very likely be able to hold at least a composite by the time you get out of training to the line.

OR you could go to EDV, where the training delay is even longer, they don't start paying you until your class date comes up, then once you finally get out of training the better part of a year forward from your CJO, you're going to be rotting away in a basement at JFK or LGA sitting ready reserve flying occasionally if at all.

That's not even considering Republic vs Endeavor work rules.

I'm 6 weeks outside of training, live in a hub base, and have 80 hours of real flying in November - not a single day of reserve. That may not be the typical or average experience, but I can't complain. Oh and I'll never have to sit ready reserve in my career here because Republic.