View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 04:10 PM
F9 NO Voter
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Default I’ve Already Decided

Yes, I realize this is a first time post. It is a first time post because, under my real screen name, it would be fairly easy to identify me and I am concerned about retaliation from the company....yes, I have grown to trust them that little.

I don’ t have to see this AIP / TA / whatever you want to call it to know that I will be a solid NO vote. The reason for this is that this is absolutely NOT the best this company can do. How do I know that? I know that because that’s not how negotiations work; something is ALWAYS held in reserve.

This company has more money / work rules held in reserve for the possibility of it not passing. They know that there is a quantifiable cost for any percentage point over 51% by which this thing would ratify. That is all they want and need....51%. That is all they’ve offered. I want more than that! I can assure you, this management group didn’t just decide overnight - out of the goodness of their benevolent hearts - to capitulate and give us a contract for Christmas. For some reason, known only to them, they need to get this done sooner rather than later. Do not fall for it, my brothers, YOU have the leverage!!! They don’t want to get this matter put to bed, they NEED to get this matter put to bed to make them even MORE money.

PBS is a concession. Period. There are no two ways about it. The only reason DL, UA, etc. have PBS today is because they gave it as a concession during bankruptcy.

Additionally, ALPA National wants to get this done so they can quit devoting time and resources to the process and move down the road and get ready for contract openers at DL, UA, etc., so their spin machine is going to be in full motion mixing up the Kool-Aid for us.

Don’t drink it, kids, it’s poison!!!

Do not fall for the ALPA spin and the Indigo trap. Do not drink the Kool-Aid. Stand strong, brothers, and hold the line. THERE IS MORE MONEY AND THEIR ARE MORE BENEFICIAL WORK RULES LEFT IN THAT WHEELBARROW!!!