View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 06:01 PM
CantStayAway
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by ReserveCA View Post
Again....what IF we vote it down?
The company OBVIOUSLY is on the ropes....
Turn about is fair play go for WAY BEYOND the moon!
I agree that regardless what this contract looks like, if we vote it down the following deal will be sweeter.

That said, I think this idea of voting it down period just to get more is foolish.

Don’t get me wrong, I refuse to settle. I’ve voted on 2 contracts in my career and both times I was a proud NO!

I have definitely not made up my mind either way, and I have high expectations given that PBS is a concession that’s been made. IF my expectations are met (and I believe they’re completely reasonable) then I will gladly vote yes. If not, then I’ll get to cast my 3rd NO vote of my career.

I think openly discussing the potential pitfalls of PBS is an excellent idea and I have been reading up in these forums to gain other perspectives on what may very well bite us in our butts if we let it. I had PBS at my previous regional and I hated it compared to what we have at Frontier.

I have a list of things already that I will be on the lookout for (like unstacking) and if not clearly addressed to my liking I’ll be a solid NO.

My point is we should all be educated and know what it is we personally expect in a contract. If it meets your expectations then what do you gain by voting no? A little bit more in 6 months to 2 years time. What about what’s lost in the meantime?

If it doesn’t meet your expectations then you should vote no. As of now, NO ONE knows if it meets your expectations because it’s all speculation.

Educate yourself. Keep an open mind. Don’t vote out of fear. Don’t be bought by a big $igning bonu$ and know what it is YOU expect to see.