Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 02:49 AM
RunningB
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by ecam View Post
Do you fly with a lot of these people who were hired in the last 2-3 years? Most of them left a cushy job as a regional captain and took a huge pay cut. They were sold they would be back in the left seat in a few years making even more money and be home every night. Instead they are looking at no movement, no upgrades indefinitely, 5+ years after that to hold a line as a captain and getting TDY'd or stuck in a base they don't want. THEY FEEL LIED TO AND SWINDLED.

Then they see the company getting out bid for airplanes we were sure to get and instead investing in go karts and hotels. That huge swimming pool! Why should they believe anything the company says at this point when they have been lied to at every turn and every big airline is hiring? These people are about to exodus and who is going to replace them when we start hiring again after they spread the word?
Being one of those folks myself I can confirm that is EXACTLY how the majority of us feel. Personally, I'm out at the first opportunity

Last edited by RunningB; 11-04-2018 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Capitalized the key sentence