View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 02:24 PM
JTwift
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Sevenfourcapt View Post
Thinking about retiring to teach at FlightSafety Intl.
Any info on working conditions at CVG, CMH, or ATL ?
Thanks!

Your enjoyment at FSI greatly depends on the center you choose, and your program within the center. Some programs are far busier than others. Some have better program managers. Some centers seem 'friendlier.'

I'm at a great center in a great program. I basically work part time, but I'm salary and can get benefits (dental, etc).

I do think the pay needs a bump. The first 6 months are quite busy as you learn the plane and learn how to teach it. After you're on your own, it's not hard. Teach ground school, teach the sim, do your grading, go home....that kind of thing.

If you work more, you can get paid more, but it's only once you hit a certain number of 'customer facing hours.' They lowered the number earlier this year, but I think the base $ needs a bump. There are rumors, but I won't hold my breath.

Overall, it's a good retirement gig, as long as you don't expect it to be totally spoon fed with no personal effort involved. You are still going to go through the course as a client. You still need to get the type rating. You still pass check rides.

Shoot me a PM if you have more specific questions.