View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 06:45 AM
airbusteacher
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
It's a tough decision but.....maybe it's time for a career change. Get a realtor license and make better money and be home. Or find something else you have always wanted to do. In avaition everyone has to have something on the back burner as a backup plan in case it all goes down the $hi!er.

I appreciate the suggestion. As a ground instructor, I was home every night. This in no way is a slam on the lifestyle of an airline pilot. Before diagnosed with this debilitating condition, I wanted to fly for the airlines someday too.

I'm no salesman. In fact, I couldn't sell a drink of water to a thirsty man. Guilding the lily and what-not are not in my skillset. I am looking at other career fields but 99% of them truly do not interest me and the rest are sales jobs. I know people who can sell condoms to lesbians...but I'm definitely not of that talent.

I take the blame for not getting more education in something I am interested in but maybe the state can help me with that. It's rough going but I still think the industry is "broken" and managers still believe that retired 747 captains are just going to fall all over themselves to beat down the doors of training departments. So far....I've not seen it.