Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 10:53 PM
akulahunter
Voice of Reason

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Uncomfortable

Originally Posted by ecam View Post
Do you fly with a lot of these people who were hired in the last 2-3 years? Most of them left a cushy job as a regional captain and took a huge pay cut. They were sold they would be back in the left seat in a few years making even more money and be home every night. Instead they are looking at no movement, no upgrades indefinitely, 5+ years after that to hold a line as a captain and getting TDY'd or stuck in a base they don't want. They feel lied to and swindled.

Then they see the company getting out bid for airplanes we were sure to get and instead investing in go karts and hotels. That huge swimming pool! Why should they believe anything the company says at this point when they have been lied to at every turn and every big airline is hiring? These people are about to exodus and who is going to replace them when we start hiring again after they spread the word?

Your optimism is admirable. Maybe you're that ray of sunshine guy. Not everyone shares it. I say it all the time, but I'm glad I retire soon.
Ummm, nope I sure don't fly with those guys... They are probably still in the right seat (where I am). However, if you believe anything a recruiter tells you, then I have some lovely beach front property to sell you.... (I listened to a recruiter once, 20+ years later I retired from the military...)

I am optimistic because I am in control of how I react to what is thrown at me. *****ing and whining about everything that happens to you doesn't do anything but make you and everyone around you miserable. I have been in MUCH worse working conditions for a hell of a lot longer than 6-8 hours. Give me a break... Also, please tell me what regional job is "cushy."

As for the Ray of Sunshine guy, not it... And although I think his politics are leaning the wrong way, he has a good attitude and deals with the daily stuff they way it should be dealt with. No one here is even on the bottom rung of the crappy job ladder. If you think your life is crappy here, feel free to get a real job. If you are miserable here, being home every night, FedEx/Delta money won't make you happy...