View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by baronbvp View Post
Thanks for the great reply, Excargodog. I live in San Diego now and SkyWest has a domicile there flying the E175. It’s easier to get than LAX or SEA so hopefully that will work out. Yes, I may have to sit reserve or commute for awhile. That is certainly true of Horizon. I will check out Compass. But your tip about trying to move on to the majors after 500 hours of 121 SIC time is gouge.

One question: if you are sitting reserve, does that mean 2 hours away from your domicile? Or does that include a commute? If I’d have to move to Chicago to sit reserve at ORD for months, that might be a problem. If they called me in SAN and I could get to ORD, that would of course be way better. But my guess is you have to be 2 hours from the start leg.
Yeah, you actually have to be at the crew desk in two hours most places which sort of necessitates commuting in adequate time to actually be in a crash pad within that two hour travel envelope for the reserve period. And some regional's even have airport reserve.

The good news is that most airports have those crash pads for rent around them and some are reasonably nice - in fact luxurious compared to those aboard a CVN.

https://blockedinncrashpads.com/?gcl...SAAEgLs8PD_BwE