Thread: jetBlue Hiring

BluesClues , 11-07-2018 11:27 AM
Line Holder
BluesClues
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2018
Quote: They've already begun doing what I said, just with the quarterly bid. Minimal A320 FO positions available in the bid, so the only way to get one is a backfill award when an A320 FO vacates his position for an upgrade. Then the company puts out a supplemental bid with only E190 openings that they know current pilots won't bid for.

This limits the availability of guys moving from the E190 to the A320 and limits training costs.

We will have some A320 openings, but not expecting much. And the A320 transitions will go more senior now due to the massive pay disparity.
You obviously don’t understand how this works. The supplemental bid for 190 FO’s isn’t to save training costs, it’s because they screwed up their staffing model and are short pilots. They could have had those 49 190 spots on the December bid and had the exact same outcome we’re about to get. There is no benefit to running a bid then running a supplemental bid behind it, it’s not some way to screw you over man. They just messed up the staffing numbers. And when they realized they needed more pilots they have to put out a system bid contractually because we have to have the option to bid it before it goes to new hires.

You also missed where I showed the last bid had a 190 FO at 1.5 years be awarded the Bus, this is after the contract was signed so I’m not seeing how it’s going to go so much more senior now. There are still a lot of guys who will stay on the 190 for QOL, or waiting for the A220, or waiting to upgrade.

I absolutely guarantee you a new hire today awarded the 190 will still be able to get on the Bus within 2 years in the junior bases.