View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 05:58 AM
dracir1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder

Originally Posted by monkeybrains View Post
Per firm $2.00/hr, agreed to a year ago, health care agreed to largely a year ago, own occ - never asked for it, updated ask - no idea, but the word is top ca rate of $245 so not likely, 15% dc - no idea, sure would be nice, min day, still open, overrides - taken off the table a year ago, 14 days off for reserve - never asked for it...etc, etc, etc.
You stated in a previous post that you have never voted yes for anything in 30 years, so again we get it your a no vote, why don’t you show some real stones and continue to work under your current rates, and give up your share of the 75 million dollar bonus check when this deal is overwhelmingly ratified by people that aren’t out of their fu@king minds? No you’ll gladly take the $100 grand and new rates and spout off about how you voted no.
If we are looking at 50-60% increases, increases in retirement,keeping our work rules and have a PBS system that doesn’t jack our vacation or bidding, you can vote no all you want, I’ll prouldly be a yes vote.
And...btw 26 new hires in the Nov class, single digit cancellations and pilots climbing over each other picking up VJAs, good luck with all that leverage you like to talk about.
This is really scary.

If you were a fry cook at Burger King and you worked more days a week, got half the pay, worked harder, paid more for your healthcare, retirement was much less and basically had much less QoL than a McDonalds fry cook, would you agree with a 40% pay increase that STILL had you getting paid less and decreased your QoL even more?

Frontier pilots - you are NOT worth less than Delta pilots. Or United, American, Spirit, Jet Blue or Virgin. None of us are. We all fly the same equipment through the same skies to roughly the same destinations. Our one major difference is that WE fly more red eyes than most others. Yet, we’re considering VOTING IN / agreeing with less compensation than all those carriers? Less pay. Less QoL. Less per diem. Less retirement. And now, potentially less flexibility with scheduling. Really?

If the package that is presented is above industry standard across the board, then the vote will take care of itself. But I can’t believe anyone is really thinking that’s what will be presented. We already know our original ask was too low - best way to increase it is to vote no and go back to the table.

I’m sure the NC will say they gave their best effort - what else are they supposed to say (that they could’ve done better)? They’ve done a good job so far, it was our fault in the first place for having such a low original ask. I didn’t think the company was going to negotiate with us at all - it’s apparent they want this to work. This is the best negotiating environment we’ll probably ever see. Let’s let our NC go back and get what we deserve.

Last edited by dracir1; 11-09-2018 at 06:13 AM.