View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 08:04 PM
Cessnaflyer1213
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by DarkSideMoon View Post
Educate yourself on what scope means. Not trying to be a jerk but once you read up on it you’ll see my point better.
From Flight Global magazine, "The scope clause in United's contract with the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) limits it to 255 large regional aircraft, defined as ones with up to 76 seats and a maximum take-off weight (MTOW) of 39,010kg (86,000lb), and a cap of 450 regional aircraft when the contract becomes amendable in January 2019.

The Chicago-based carrier had 494 regional aircraft, including 235 large regional jets and 238 jets with up to 50 seats, in its feeder fleet at the end of 2016, its latest fleet plan shows."

You are right, it's a factor. Noboby can grow without addressing that. Thanks, but I understand scope. According to these numbers, there's room for 30 large RJs somewhere. Didn't UA recently announce they were buying 25 E175s? I'm sure ZW, and every other contractor, are in some kind of competition for the planes. I'm sure it will be an interesting negotiation soon. Kirby and the UA MEC have already started their war of words. We'll see what the future holds ....