Old 11-13-2018, 06:04 AM
Moarrudder
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by fenix1 View Post
Yes, Falcon is the exact school I’m referring to - I’ve heard good things as well, it appears they could be more cost-effective than many Part 141 schools in my area (need to confirm by getting into the details, of course) and it sounds like a great place to be a CFI/CFII/MEI (plenty of hours).

Whether things will come together to move to participate in STEP at Falcon, I’m not sure right now. But I am wanting to do everything I can to be as competitive as I can to get on with 9E, regardless of where in the hiring & timing cycle things are for 9E when I hit ATP mins. From the “tiers” laid out in the comment immediately after yours, it sounds like being a part of the STEP program is the best way to do that. Obviously, handling my business matters (avoiding checkride failures & negative things in my overall background) however I train, too.

Thanks for your help & insight!

Run as far away from Falcon aviation as you can. I work at a school near by and have had friends work for them. Multiple engine failures occur there yearly. I would not trust their training or their planes as far as I could throw them. Other schools in GA are teamed up with EDV for the step initiative.