Thread: Upgrade Time
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 08:00 PM
SkyJunky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: Gear Puller

Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
Do you trust everything Bendover says? I listened to that call too....

OP, I don’t see us stopping at 177. Whether it’s through another order or through a merger, is anyone’s guess. If you’re certain that you want to be a pilot at Spirit, I’d plan on being an FO for a lot longer than our current upgrade time. Plan for the worst hope for the best....
For some context, when I came, it was a mathematical certainty based on their order book without buying back leases, so I totally get the anticipation of a quick upgrade.
I appreciate that. I really do want to be here. Its just gotta pencil out. Being an FO for 5+ years doesn't for my situation. Upgrading quickly is one of the paramount reasons, among many, that makes this place very attractive. I hope the rest of the applicants realize the potential slowing as well. I know quite a few that are banking on the fast upgrades. We all have to take a job for what it is, not what it 'could' be. To that, we are getting hired as FOs. Full spectrum, I, like most of us, set risk v reward, "is it worth it?". I want to believe it is. Plus, Spirit pilots are all pretty awesome guys. Work-life will at least be legit if upgrades slow way down.

Thx for the info, Tranq.